Social Icons

Violet's First Birthday Party

Sunday, November 27, 2016

A couple of weekends ago we had Violet's first birthday party at our house. Over the last few months, I'd gone back and forth a lot about whether or not I wanted to have a party at all, I kind of wanted to just have a nice family dinner with presents and cake. But finally, I decided we would have a party here with family and close friends. After all, you only turn one once! Violet is a very social little girl, so I knew she'd have tons of fun playing with a bunch of kids and having a lot of people around. So Joe and I found some cute party supplies and did some DIYing and baking (does dipping pretzels in white chocolate count as baking? haha) and hosted our first party! I was nervous about having so many people in our relatively small house, but it worked out perfectly. We ended up having enough food, favors, and room for everyone. The only somewhat disappointment was that Vi wanted nothing to do with her smash cake. She had the tiniest taste then was completely over it, which surprised everyone because that girl can eat! I was expecting some awesomely messy cake smash photos, but that's okay, she had a ton of fun with everything else, so that's all that matters!


1 comment:

  1. Her party looked beautiful. I really wished Rudy and I could have made it. Hoping to make a trip out there soon!♥

    ReplyDelete