Social Icons

My Preggy Picks

Thursday, July 16, 2015


1. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream for Stretch Marks
I haven't gotten any stretch marks yet *knock on wood* so I've been using this stuff nightly as a preventative. My older sister recommended it to me since she said she used it throughout her pregnancy and didn't get one stretch mark, so I thought I'd try it out too. I'm finishing up my first tube of it and have been really enjoying it. It's so soothing and keeps my belly feeling soft and moisturized. Plus it smells like chocolate, which Joe hates but I love!

2. Nature Made Prenatal Vitamins with DHA
The day I found out I was pregnant, I went to the store to buy prenatals. I spent a while looking over all the options and reading reviews online, and these seemed like a good option. All natural, only one pill a day, and everything doctors recommend for a prenatal vitamin. It's been working well for me so I'm now onto my second bottle and haven't felt the need to try anything different. The only downside is that the pills are pretty big, so that took some getting used to.

3. Snoogle Total Body Pillow
I always kind of thought these were unnecessary, but when my lower back starting to really bother me when lying down, I decided to give one a try, and I'm now a believer. This thing is so comfortable! It supports you in all the right places and really relieves that tension in my lower back. I love to snuggle up to it even if it makes Joe jealous ;) he calls it my caterpillar.

4. Earth Mama Natural Nipple Butter
I think this stuff is meant for when you're actually breastfeeding to keep things from getting dry and chapped, but I figure it can't hurt to get a head start on that. This stuff has a funky smell but I've heard really great things about it so I'm going to use it in hopes it prevents any dryness.

5. Preggie Pops
I bought these when I was in the first trimester and desperate for something to help with my crazy nausea. Even though I was being medicated for it, I was on such a small dose that I was still nauseous all day every day, and I wanted to find something natural that would help. These definitely helped take the edge off. The sickness has gone away 90% since entering the second trimester, but I still carry a few of these in my purse in case a wave of nausea hits.

6. Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash
One of the unfortunate side effects of pregnancy I've been experiencing is acne. And since it isn't safe for me to use my normal acne wash, it got way worse. I did some research and discovered this pregnancy-safe acne wash and decided to give it a try. I still am more broken out than usual, and obviously it doesn't treat pimples as well as medicated wash does, but I really think it's been keeping things under control and I've definitely noticed an improvement since using it. It also doubles as a mask, so that's been nice to use once in a while.

7. Mama Super Skinny Jeans
I mentioned these jeans here, but I just love them! I bought them in dark blue and black, and wear them practically every day. I'm so glad I was able to find cute maternity jeans that are so comfortable. I'm tempted to look at H&M for more cute maternity clothes even though I swore I wasn't going to buy any.

Do you have any pregnancy must haves?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!