Social Icons

Violet at Two Months

Monday, January 11, 2016

I can't decide if I want to say that Violet is already two months old because she is growing so quickly, or that she is only two months old, because I feel like I've known her forever. It's a strange feeling! Joe and I constantly talk about how we don't want her to grow up and want her to stay tiny forever, but that we also can't wait for all of the amazing things to come. I guess that's all just part of being a parent!

This month, Violet:
Started smiling a ton! There is no greater feeling than making your baby smile just by talking to them.
Had her first round of vaccines, which was so sad to see her cry, but felt good to know we're taking care of her.
Still is being exclusively breastfed. This month I really feel like we both have gotten the hang of breastfeeding, and I can safely say we both really enjoy it.
Weighs exactly 10 pounds, and is 23 inches long.
Grew out of her newborn clothes and diapers and now wears 0-3 month clothing and size 1 diapers.
Loves car rides, she'll just look out the window until she falls asleep.
Also loves music, being held, and baths.
Developed mild eczema, but hypoallergenic soap and special eczema lotion has made it clear up almost all the way.
Doesn't like being cold or the nose frida. 
Started sleeping 5-5 1/2 hour stretches at night, which has been awesome!

It has been absolutely amazing seeing Violet grow, and although it makes me sad that she's not a teeny tiny newborn anymore, it makes my heart so happy and proud to see her grow into a healthy, happy baby.

2 comments:

  1. She's so precious! Where did you get those monthly tummy stickers at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shop called Lucy Darling Shop. They have the cutest baby stuff

      Delete