Social Icons

November 2014 BirchBox: Giving

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Oh, Birchbox. I have such a love/hate relationship with you. Okay it's mostly love. I can't be too picky with a box that's only $10 a month and is always a fun surprise. I loved last month's box, didn't like the one before that, and this month was okay. I was a tad disappointed because I saw that a lot of people got The Balm highlighters and Laura Mercier BB creams, both of which I would've loved, but of course got neither. Same thing happened last month when I got no Beauty Blender. It's not a big deal, I still love getting the little box of surprises in the mail every month, I just feel like I've gotten so many eye pencils, perfume samples, and lotions. Something different would be cool. But I'll still go through each product like I always do.

The first thing I noticed in my box this month was an eye pencil. And that's because it was smeared everywhere, ha! The Eyeko Fat Eye Stick I got came without it's cap, and got product all over the place. I was annoyed at first, so I emailed Birchbox letting them know, and they responded within fifteen minutes, super apologetic and said they'd send me another one ASAP, so that was nice. The color of this eye stick is really pretty and long-lasting, so I'm excited to get the good one!

Next thing I got was a Perlier Revitalizing Body Butter. Another body lotion! Definitely not exciting after getting so many, but I guess they come in handy to toss in your purse, especially for the dry, winter days coming up. It does smell really nice too!

Next, I got a teeny-tiny sample of a Supergoop BB Cream. I'll probably be able to get one, maybe two uses out of this little sample, but might as well give it a try. It seems to match my skin tone pretty well, and has SPF 40. I'll probably hold on to this little guy to use in the spring or summer.

This next sample seemed like a much better size. It's a Fekkai Fortifying Hair Masque. I know this is a really good brand, and like I said, it's a good-sized sample, which I need for my long thick hair. So this will be a good one to try!

Another perfume sample. Lame! I don't even wear perfume, it always gives me massive headaches. But they don't know that, so I guess I can't be too mad. The packaging of it is pretty!

And finally, I got a big pouch full of Chocolate Almond Butter. Birchbox mentioned that they were going to start adding little extras like this to boxes, and I'm not complaining! It's fun to get little sweets like this along with beauty samples. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it'll be yummy, so I'm excited about that!

Like I said, not my favorite box ever, but not bad either. I liked how even though one sample came broken, they responded really well to my complaint, so I'm totally okay with it. Another thing about this month's box that's really cool is that it's associated with (RED), a company that helps fight aids. So for every photo of the box posted on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #shaRED, Birchbox will donate $1 to the foundation. So if you got this box, don't forget to do that!

What did you get in your subscription box(es) this month?
Get your own Birchbox subscription here.
See my past Birchboxes here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!