Social Icons

How to be Happy

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A brand new year just started, and all over the internet I'm seeing tons of peoples' lists of resolutions including workout goals, travel goals, school goals, things like that. And although I also have a few goals along those lines, my number one main goal for this year (and forever) is to make happiness a priority. I'm generally a very happy person, I have an amazing husband who I love so much, a big family that I'm very close with, two wonderful little puppy children, the list goes on. I consider myself a very lucky, or blessed, person. But like so many people, I have tenancies of letting things like stress and (pretty bad) anxiety get in the way. So, for my main New Year Resolution, I made a list of little things I want to remind myself, and anyone else who might need it, to do to live the happiest, most fulfilled life possible.

Own, and love, your imperfections.

Always allow time to be silly and loud.

Give a lot of genuine compliments.

Be kind to everyone.

Be happy for other peoples' success.

Always forgive, don't always forget.

Surround yourself with people that make you feel good about yourself.

Don't take yourself too seriously; be able to laugh at yourself.

Know when something/someone isn't good for you and be strong enough to walk away from it.

Believe in what you believe in and don't allow other's to try to change your mind or tell you you're wrong.

Don't compare yourself to others, everybody is so different.

Remember the things in your life that you should be thankful for; food, a place to sleep at night, friends, etc.

I'm sure there a tons and tons more that I haven't thought of, so if you have anything to add, please comment below, I'd really love to hear them!

Here's to a healthy, happy 2015!

4 comments:

  1. I love this. Thanks for sharing :)
    I definitely have to remind myself of a lot of these on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found this on tumblr but had to share it on my facebook last week because it is just so spot on and really spoke to me. i think it fits right in with your post :)

    "my ultimate goal is to be at peace with myself, eliminate toxic feelings and elements and energies from my life, unlearn negative and harmful practices and thought patterns, stop checking for people that don’t check for me, create a space for myself that is nurturing for growth so that i may generate loving energy for myself and for others, nourish my spirit and balance my energies, i have big dreams and i deserve to live a life i love and let that love radiate."

    ReplyDelete