Social Icons

Sisterly

Tuesday, January 13, 2015


On Saturday, I got my first tattoo that really has meaning behind it other than just being something I love. I always knew I wanted to get a tattoo for my sisters. There are five of us and we were all very close growing up. Despite stealing each other's clothes and makeup, and the inevitable drama, we were able to stay best friends into adulthood and it's so awesome to have five amazing women in my life (including my mom.) 

I had a hard time at first deciding what I could get tattooed that would represent my sisters. I wanted each thing to be unique, but was unsure on how to have multiple different pieces together in one. I finally came up with the idea of a bouquet. I asked each of my sisters what their favorite flower was, and luckily they were all very different. I also decided to have a flower for my mom in there even though I have another tattoo planned just for her in the future. 

I really love how the piece turned out, and I think a bouquet is the perfect way to represent five very different things that are beautiful on their own, and also beautiful all together (cheesy-alert!)

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the idea of a bouquet, that's brilliant. I just got tattoos for my sisters, too. An anchor for each of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful idea for a tattoo - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a beautiful sentiment and a lovely idea! Plus the art is great, I really like the style you chose - thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete