Social Icons

January Favorites

Saturday, January 31, 2015


Just some random things I loved in the month of January.

She and Him Classics album. Joe gave me this vinyl for Christmas, and I've been playing it nonstop! She and Him is one of my favorite bands, so I'm always so excited to hear their new stuff. I really love this album in particular because it's all covers of classics songs, with a very She and Him sound. If you're a fan of this band or classic music, definitely give this record a try!

Viva Glam Miley Cyrus Lipstick. When I first heard last year that Miley would be coming out with her own Viva Glam lipstick, I knew I'd have to get my hands on one. I'm a big Miley fan, and I really love the whole concept of Viva Glam. If you don't know what that is, it's a line of makeup, usually a lipstick or lipgloss, that MAC Cosmetics and a celebrity spokesperson come out with annually. 100% of the proceeds go toward those affected by AIDS! I already have the Lady Gaga and Rihanna lipstick, so I'm excited to be adding Miley to my collection. Plus, it happens to be a gorgeous hot pink that I just love.

Chapstick Duel-Ended Hydration Lock. This product was super used by me this month. Being in the middle of winter in a dry state, my lips get so chapped. I was excited to try this product when I saw it in the store because it seemed like such a cool concept; a daytime formula on one end and a nighttime formula on the other. The daytime side is a little lighter and contains SPF, while the night side is thicker with natural butters to replenish lips over night. For me, this thing worked so well, I love it! And the two in one stick is super convenient. I'm sure I'll continue to use this even after winter is over.

Dr. Marten 1460 Boots. I think it's safe to say that these have been my most worn shoes this month, I'm obsessed! They are so warm, are great in the snow, and looks so cute with everything. My go-to outfit this whole month has been a loose dress with a cardigan, leggings, and these boots. Super cute and comfy! I know the grungy/90's look isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I think these boots add that perfect touch to an otherwise simple look.

Shades: A Simple Puzzle Game. I downloaded this app when it was the free app of the week in the app store, and quickly became addicted. I usually don't really like playing games on my phone that much, but for some reason I got really into this one. It's one of those games you start playing and just can't really stop/look away/talk to anyone. Haha! It's fun though to try to beat your own high scores and to have something to pass time when your bored. It really kept me busy on a 5 hour flight to Ohio! (more about that later.)

Kate Spade 2015 Agenda. This was another gift that Joe gave me for Christmas, and I completely love it. I usually don't write things in a physical agenda, since the calendar on my phone is so handy, but for some reason this year I really wanted an actual book to write my 2015 plans in. I loved going through and writing in everyone's birthdays, and events we already have planned for the year. Plus the black and white stripes look beautiful displayed on my desk. This book makes me want to make tons of plans just so I can fill out the pages!

What have been some of your favorite things in January! I hope you had an amazing first month of the year!

1 comment:

  1. such a nice and heartfelt article that had me in tears. i really liked the way it was written and i connected on an emotional level with this poem. thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete