Social Icons

DIY Fall Wreath

Saturday, September 21, 2013


I was looking around online the other day for a pretty fall wreath for my front door. I thought it would be fun to give the outside of the house a little touch of fall, plus it'd be a nice distraction from the weird bluish-gray color of the house (that we have yet to paint.) I found a few I really liked but all were between fifty and a hundred dollars. I just couldn't talk myself into spending that much on something I could probably make myself. So I thought I'd give it a shot. I went into Joann's with a 40% off coupon and bought a wreath and eight sheets of felt for five dollars and change. It only took about an hour and was pretty fun to make!


To start out, cut a square piece out of felt. I started with 4x4 but then did a few smaller ones too. Next, cut a swirl around till you get to the middle. Don't worry about trying to make them perfect, they actually look better when different and imperfect. Then start in the middle and just swirl it around until it's a good size little rose. Add a dab of glue to hold it together. Once you have the amount you want, display them on the wreath! I thought about covering the entire thing, but thought it would look more unique with only a part of it covered.






4 comments:

  1. so lovely and simple! such a beautiful way to get ready for fall. love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the orange and cream color combination, it's so warm and inviting. It looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete