Social Icons

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Thursday, September 12, 2013


In September, Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks are all you hear anyone talk about. I don't blame them, they're delicious! Nothing gets you into the Fall spirit more than drinking one. The other day, I said how I wanted to start baking more homemade recipes from scratch, then I came across this one. Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes! Talk about best of both worlds! I decided to give em a go, not really sure how they would turn out since I've had some baking disasters occur in the past. To my surprise, they turned out perfectly! I'm so excited to share this recipe with you, they are the perfect fall treat that everyone will love. I even added the famous green straw to make them more appealing to all you Starbucks fanatics. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 sticks butter, melted and cooled
  • 4 large eggs
  • 15 ounces pumpkin puree 
  • Cream Cheese Frosting

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; set aside.
  • In a large bowl, mix together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Add in pumpkin puree.
  • Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
  • Frost the tops with Cream Cheese Frosting (I used Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle) then add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top if you choose.












3 comments:

  1. oh my word! those cupcakes look so adorable! I love that you added the straws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawwww! They look like they should be served at Starbucks or something ;)
    wondorla.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so dreamy, I would love to devour them.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete