Social Icons

It's Wednesday

Wednesday, September 25, 2013


Today Joe and I found ourselves in one of those rare moments where we had nothing to do and nowhere to be. Where we look at each other and say, "What should we do right now?"
And whenever I find myself asking that question, I try to remember that sometimes the best answer is "Nothing. Let's just do nothing!"

And we did just that.

The temperature outside was a perfect seventy-two degrees and the sky couldn't be more clear. We grabbed his grandmothers old quilt and headed to the square downtown. First we stopped at Bill's Pizza to get a couple slices and a soda, then laid out our blanket and took a seat.

The warm sun felt so amazing mixed in with the cool early autumn breeze. The sound of the leaves rustling together was all I could hear and in a word all I could feel was happy.

We laid down next to each other as if we were the only two people there. And one of the things I love most about being with Joe is our ability to just be together and not feel like we always need to be talking. Sometimes just being hand in hand is enough.

I had my eyes closed for a few minutes when I felt a small leaf brush against my arm that had just fallen from the tree we were under. It made me so excited. Excited for the upcoming season, excited for a few big changes coming up in my life. Just excited about life in general.

I guess my point of this borderline cheesy post is sometimes all it takes is a quiet afternoon in a park, and a single leaf falling down to remind me to just slow down sometimes and let life happen. You are here only once, and sometimes that means time best spent can be spent doing nothing at all. From the outside it may not look like we accomplished a lot this afternoon, but I think once in a while taking time alone with your thoughts with no stress or time limit can be a big accomplishment.


5 comments:

  1. I love this post so much. I always want to do these things with my partner but we've been busy working. We've both got a day off together this weekend so I may have to steal your idea and just enjoy the outside and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think its so important to spend time with your significant other doing nothing else at all :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes 'doing nothing' really is the best!

    X
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, Cam! This is Leah from the blog you commented on, you should check out my other (better) blog, a clover and a bee. I can't wait to keep up with your blog!
    Leah Faye
    a clover and a bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that sounds so wonderful. What a great reminder to stop and enjoy doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete