Social Icons

First Weekend

Sunday, January 5, 2014


It's the first weekend of 2014 and we celebrated by doing pretty much nothing. Which I really enjoyed. After all the holidays it's nice when things start to wind down and you can just go back to your regular routine (not being broke and the house back to normal, yay!)

On Friday our poor Nic had to get surgery. At first she was just supposed to get her teeth cleaned but the vet said they were pretty bad, so they'd have to put her under and possibly extract a tooth. Well, if that wasn't scary enough, I got a call that afternoon from the vet telling me Nic was out of surgery and she ended up having nine teeth extracted, NINE! I didn't even know she had that many teeth! I felt so bad for the little girl! They told me bad teeth were just part of her breed and it's really important to keep up on them or it could lead to heart problems. And that will not happen for my baby girl! Even though it was a little scary, it was all worth it, and she'll be back to normal and able to eat her regular food again in just a week. So nine teeth and $500 later, Nic is healthy and happy, which is all that matters!

Saturday we ran a couple errands which included getting my beautiful new print framed. I currently have it hanging in the office and it looks amazing! Such a great Christmas gift! After that we went to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, it was fantastic! I really loved it, and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. 

Then today we started our day with bagels for breakfast, which is becoming like a Sunday morning tradition for us. I love it! Then Joe took a couple photos for me in my new camera dress (which I will post tomorrow) and we did our usual comic book shopping and smoothies. So it was a lovely, calm day, my favorite kind! Later we will head to the gym, come home and have dinner, and prepare for the week.

I hope you all had a wonderful first weekend of the year!








3 comments:

  1. Poor pup! I didn't know that was a problem with chihuahuas. I've never owned a small dog before. How will she eat with so few teeth? Glad you had a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing at first but she does have a lot of healthy teeth left and they suggested wetting her food a little bit, so she should be fine :)

      Delete
  2. Poor Nic! Pippin is part chihuahua, so I'm always worrying about his teeth. I'm glad Nic is better off, though!

    We celebrated this weexend by doing nearly nothing too :) We saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty for christmas and loved it!

    ReplyDelete