Social Icons

Wedding Thoughts

Sunday, January 19, 2014


As of lately, my mind has been completely overflowed with thoughts concerning our wedding coming up in a few months. If you've been married or helped plan a wedding, you know just how many details go into that single day, and how overwhelming that can truly be. Every little detail from what color the flowers should be to how I should do my hair is taking so much energy and causing me legit stress. June 13 needs to be the most perfect day of my life. And for some reason, in the moment, I'm letting myself believe that the color of a few flowers will determine if that day lives up to my standards. If every tiny detail isn't amazing what am I afraid will happen? Weddings aren't about putting on a show, they're about celebrating finding the one you want to spend your life with with all the people you care about. I want it to be the best day of my life because I'm marrying my best friend and not because everything looks beautiful, that's just an added bonus to have fun with! People always expect complete perfection for their wedding day, which is unrealistic for anything and will ultimately lead to disappointment. I know this all seems kind of obvious, but a lot of people, myself included, can get somewhat blinded by the less important parts of getting married and put what really matters on the back burner.

So by writing this I'm promising myself that for the rest of the wedding planning process, I'm going to try my hardest to not get overly stressed out. I want to enjoy the bonding of planning a wedding together with my fiancé. I just know that ten, twenty, thirty years down the road, we're going to be happy looking at our wedding photos because of how happy we look, not if the colors coordinate perfectly or if my hair isn't amazing. Above everything, if June 13 ends with Joe and I as husband and wife, it was a successful wedding to me, and I'll be so happy.

4 comments:

  1. I love this blog post! I feel like were the same person at the moment. I myself am getting married this upcoming August and have been feeling the same way. There is so much pressure but on a wedding for everything to be perfect. I have to remind myself that at it doesn't matter if it rains or if the limo driver gets lost. It matters that I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. Thanks for posting this today. It made my day.

    -Brittany
    http://pittsburghglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outlook on this and how you realized it now instead of a week before your wedding. No matter what, you will have the perfect day...even if it isn't exactly how you pictured it, the important thing is coming together with your fiancé to celebrate the love that you have found.

    Can't wait to see how it all turns out, take a deep breath and no more stressing!

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog with nice thought. It is really true that marriage is not for just a word, it is a feeling, state, or an understanding. It is very important for all of us to enjoy each and every moment by uniqueness. I have just an idea for celebrating this special moment with our family members. This is best way to hire a limo for enjoyment because it is more specious and provide more luxury as compare to other.
    Reference:http://evergreenlimousine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wedding day is very important in the life of a woman and it becomes essential that in a wedding everything needs to be arranged in a perfect manner. I agree that there are a lot of thoughts that strike in mind while planning for a wedding especially when the time is too close. There are a lot of things required in a wedding such as you need to book for a wedding florist, wedding banquet hall, wedding band and DJ’s, reception caterers, wedding cake, wedding transport, bridal dress, rings, bouquets and wedding photographer that is one of the most important person who will shoot your whole wedding day. Recently, I went to a wedding and it was a lovely wedding. Everything for the wedding was arranged in a perfect manner. Choosing the destination for your wedding is also one of the things that need smart decisions as all your wedding photographs will be taken at that place only. To know more about the tips for choosing a wedding destination you can have a look at this blog http://www.melissaraephotography.ca/blog/planning-your-destination-wedding/

    ReplyDelete