Social Icons

All Time Low & Cake & Pink Drinks

Tuesday, April 15, 2014



The weekend of my twenty-first birthday was definitely one I will remember forever. Joe was so amazing and planned a whole weekend that he knew I'd love; tickets to a show in Flagstaff of one of my favorite bands, a cake decorating class, a scary movie, my first legal drink at midnight, and the cutest pink birthday setup and home-made cake on my birthday! He even gave me the instant camera I've had my eye on for a while! So wonderful!

Friday after Joe got off work, we hopped in the car and headed to Flag to see All Time Low, who I completely love! They were playing in a really small, intimate theatre, so it was so cool to be able to see them so up close! We even pushed our way to the very front of the crowd, something Joe was used to but I'd never done before. It was an awesome experience despite all the crowd surfers smacking me in the head! Also a kind of funny story from the show; as All Time Low finished up, Alex (the lead singer and guitarist) dropped the pick he'd been using on the ground and started tossing a bunch of picks he had on his mic stand into the crowd. We tried to catch one but failed. After the crowd started to disperse, Joe suggested we stick around to try to find a pick that might've fallen. We couldn't find any, but right in front of the stage, I saw a $50 bill just sitting there. I snatched it as fast as I could! Right then, a security guard cleaning up the stage noticed the money we found and showed us that he was holding the pick that Alex had been using the whole show and dropped. He came up to us and asked if we wanted to trade, and of course I said yes right away! So now I have a guitar pick that Alex Gaskarth played with for a whole show, so cool! 

The next morning we got up and met my sister to do a little cake decorating class. I've always wanted to learn to make beautiful cakes, it's such a cool art! The class honestly wasn't as fun or interesting as we thought, but we still had fun goofing around. After that we got lunch and later that night went to see Oculus. I love scary movies, feeling scared (without any real threat) is so much fun to me! The movie was pretty cool and interesting, although not really scary. Just jumped here and there. We stayed up until midnight so I could go get my first drink in a bar. I ordered a Cosmo. Nice and girly! I'm not huge on drinking and hate the taste of alcohol! But it was still a fun new experience. We even ran into a few friends down town that we hung out with until the bars closed. Then we figured we might as well go get McDonalds breakfast at 2am because ya know, why not! It was really great!

Sunday morning we spent the day at home, which was nice after being out all weekend. Joe made me a delicious strawberry cake all by himself! He set up streamers and balloons and made the cutest little set up for me! I loved how pink everything was! And gave me the most thoughtful gifts; a card full of the sweetest words, an adorable floral Grafity mug, and the Instax Mini 90 I've been wanting. I was all so much fun. We ended the day with dinner out with my family, which was great. 

So as I've said a hundred times, it was such a wonderful weekend. I loved it so much and Joe made it so special for me. I feel like the luckiest girl ever to have someone who takes the time to make sure my birthday weekend is beyond amazing, and he definitely did that!




















6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! y 21st is coming up in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to my first legal drink. I don't like the taste of alcohol either so I have a feeling I'll pick something sweet and girly haha! happy belated!

    Emma
    emmabauso.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Someone recommended I try a cosmo with orange flavored vodka and you can't taste the alcohol at all! You should try it :)

      Delete
  2. How cute was your little birthday decor! I have 4 months until my 21st, and the only excitement I have is just to have my first legal drink somewhere, but other than that, its just gonna be my birthday!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE All Time Low and I wished they came closer to Boston for this tour. Hopefully I'll see them next summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO JEALOUS you got to see All Time Low! Also, fiance took you to a cake decorating class?! WHAT A SWEETHEART!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw All Time Low last year when they played in Pittsburgh with Fall Out Boy. Not really as giant of an All Time Low fan as I once was in middle and high school but they put on a hell of a show!
    Cake decorating is definitely fun, not like an OMG, I want to do this all the time- kid of fun. But the kind of fun that's relaxing and interesting.

    ReplyDelete