Social Icons

Currently

Saturday, October 11, 2014

The sky over our house was crazy a couple nights ago!


Reading: I'm working on reading of Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham, I'm a little ways in and already LOVE it! She is one of my favorite actresses/people ever and I'm really loving reading her work. She's just so open and honest and has such a unique writing voice. I'm actually trying to pace myself with this book because I didn't want to read the entire thing in one night like I was tempted to do, I want to make it last ;) I also just finished Landline by Rainbow Rowell and really enjoyed it. It was just an easy, young adult read (my favorite) and I want to read some more of his writing now.

Looking forward to: Oh my goodness, so much! There are so many fun things coming up that I can't wait for. For one, as I made obvious above, I'm so beyond excited for the upcoming season and holidays. This time of year just makes me feel so happy! And just so many exciting things are happening within my family that I'm really excited for!

Watching: Joe and I watched the season premier of the American Horror Story, and I really enjoyed it. That first episode made me really excited for what the rest will be like, seems like it's gonna be crazy! Did you watch it? What did you think? Then just our usual shows like Modern Family, The Walking Dead soon, and for me, Sex and the City reruns! Any good shows you've been watching lately?

Reminding myself: To slow down and enjoy where my life is right now. I always tend to get ahead of myself and get overly excited for the future (see above, ha) and instead of just being where I'm at, I'm constantly thinking about what will happen next. So now, I'm really trying to just enjoy myself, my life, right now, exactly how it is. Being in my first year of marriage and trying to figure all of that out, having two dogs that I love but annoy the crap out of me, having a retail job and still not really knowing what I want to do with my life, trying to sort out issues with my health. Although it might not seem the most glamorous right now, this is a special time in my life and I want to make sure I'm fully present. Huge, life-altering changes can happen at any instant, so I want to always enjoy the phase I'm at when I'm in it.

Loving: Being married, fall-scented candles, the iPhone 6, these cool mornings, warm afternoons, and cool nights, spin class, yoga, new music coming out this month, dinners at home, babies and more babies coming ;), dressing simply, new tattoos, the leaves changing colors, making holiday plans, and life in general.

So what about you? What are you currently up to? I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Currently posts inspired by Danielle at Sometimes Sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed with the loving being married, and having the iPhone 6, in my case the 6 plus. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so stoked for the new season of AHS! I love the theme - it goes perfectly with their twisted characters and plots. I still think the first one will always be my favorite, because I didn't know what to expect and I think they did such a great job on that season. Did you know that the woman with no legs (Legless Suzie) is a real person? They haven't really introduced her character in the show, but they tied her real life story into her character's story - pretty neat. And isn't being married to your best friend just the greatest?!

    ReplyDelete