Social Icons

October 2014 BirchBox: Fanfare

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I just got October's Birchbox in the mail, and let me just start by saying this month really made up for last month's not-great box. I'm glad I'm back to getting good boxes (hopefully) for a while. I was a little bummed because I saw a lot of other people got Beauty Blenders in their boxes this month, something I've been wanting to try a long time and would've loved to get! But nonetheless I still loved this box and am really happy with it!

The first thing I saw in my box was a pretty big sample of Macadamia Professional Flawless Cleansing Conditioner. This size (3oz.) is $15 to buy, so it was a great deal! This is supposed to be a really good conditioner you apply to your hair in the shower, leave in for a few minutes, then rinse out. It claims to clean, soften, smooth, add volume, eliminate frizz, and cut down on blow-dry time. Sounds too good to be true, but almost every review on the product says they were pleasantly surprised and that it did everything it claimed, so that gives me hope! I'm excited to try this product and hope it works like it says!

The next thing I noticed was a ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in the color Kitty. Another "sample" that's actually a full size, love it! I've heard so many good things about this brand but this is the first I've tried from it. I already tried it on and really like it! I actually really like the color, which is cool because I'm picky about lip color, and it goes on really smooth and nicely. Very happy about this product!

The next product I got was something I've never really heard of before. It's a clariSEA Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant. Apparently you're supposed to add a pinch of it to your every day facial cleanser and use to to exfoliate. Again, really good reviews, but I have to be really careful with exfoliators because of how sensitive my skin can be. But I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!

I got another eyeliner! Haha! If you love eyeliner, Birchbox is for you! I feel like I've gotten an eyeliner sample in half my boxes! Not necessarily a bad thing though, I'm always open to trying new eyeliners. This one is the Lord and Berry Paillettes Eye Pencil. It's black with a hint of glitter in it. I don't think I would normally go for glitter in any eye makeup, but never say never! Maybe will be fun to wear for Halloween!

The next thing I got is the Ellovi Vanilla Butter. The only thing is says on the container is "apply all over," so I looked online to see exactly what this is. It says it's a body butter to be applied to dry spots on body like elbows, knees and feet, can be used as a makeup remover, and can treat scars and eczema. It only has six natural ingredients, which is good, and it smells nice. I'll try it out eventually haha. 

And finally, as an extra, I got a tiny sample of Kérastase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide Serum. It's supposed to add shine, smooth away frizz, and restores dry ends. This is a really good, high quality brand, and it was just an extra in the box, but I hate tiny containers like it came in. Usually you open it and have the product explodes all over the place, then it's really hard to get the rest out. So it would've been nice if it had a pump or dropper, but still nice for an extra!

So all in all, a pretty great box! Much better than last months, and worth the $10 for sure! Most excited for the conditioner and lipstick! Do you subscribe to any monthly beauty boxes? What did you get this month?
Get your own BirchBox subscription here.
See my past Birchboxes here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!