Social Icons

It's a Girl!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Yesterday was the day of our big 20 week ultrasound, the one we've been looking forward to pretty much since we found out we were expecting! I was so excited to finally be able to see our little baby's face, and find out what the sex was.

I was excited when the tech told us we could bring more people in with us, so my mom, two sisters, and little niece were in the room and got to see everything with us. Right away she showed us the baby's spine, then things like the kidneys, thigh bones, arms, and that cute little face. I kept waiting for her to tell us whether the baby was a girl or a boy, but of course, our little one was facing away and being shy. We tried moving me around in different positions, and emptying my bladder, but when we finally had what should have been a clear view, the umbilical chord was right in between the legs! After some more moving around, we were finally able to sneak a peak and see that our little one is a girl! I immediately teared up, and so did Joe and my mom! After over an hour in that room, we finally were able to see everything we wanted to see, and get some good shots. It was so cool to see her moving around in there, this little girl is active! She was punching and kicking and moving all around. We even saw her tongue wiggling, which was crazy!

Overall it was a very successful ultrasound appointment. The doctor assured us that everything looked very normal, which was so relieving. We do have to go back for another ultrasound in three weeks though, because of the position she was laying in they couldn't see enough of her heart and wanted to be able to check more clearly. Just an excuse to be able to see her again, so I can't wait!

Seeing our baby was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced, so I can only imagine what seeing her in person will be like. Only five months to go! We love you little Violet Marie

1 comment: