Social Icons

Sixteen Week Bumpdate

Thursday, June 4, 2015

(easiest to see the actual bump when I'm laying down)

How far along: 16 weeks and 5 days

Size of baby: 4.6 inches long, the size of an avocado!

Weight gain: 3 pounds

Food cravings: Fruit, sweets, milk and cheese.

Food aversions: Nothing out of the ordinary.

Stretch marks: None yet, but I'm thinking I'm probably going to get some. I've been applying Bio-Oil every day after I shower, but apparently it all comes down to genetics. Plus I've been getting itchy and dry on my sides. I'm not going to let it be a huge deal though, it's just all part of it.

Symptoms: 90% of my nausea has gone away, which has been amazing. Other than that just some fatigue and back aches. I've been going to pre-natal yoga classes for a few weeks now and that has helped a bit with both.

Looking forward to: Looking noticeably pregnant to the outside world. I still look like I just have a big beer belly. Also really looking forward to our next appointment. In about three weeks is our big ultrasound where we get to see the baby since seeing it as just a dot, plus we're going to find out the sex, which I cannot wait for! Most wives tales make it seem like it's a girl, but so many of our friends and family think boy. I have a feeling of what I might think and really just want to know for sure!

Random: I felt actual movement a couple of days ago, it was so crazy/ amazing. I wasn't quite sure at first what it was, but I laid really still and definitely felt what everyone describes as butterfly flutters. It was so cool! I also learned that the baby is starting to hear my voice when I talk. I don't think I can get used to talking to my belly, at least not yet, but it's awesome knowing he or she can actually hear me. I'm excited for when the baby can hear outside noises and we can play music for them :)

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I am so happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stretch marks are beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete