Social Icons

Twenty Week Bumpdate

Tuesday, June 30, 2015


How far along: 20 weeks and 3 days

Size of baby: 6.5 inches long, the size of a banana!

Weight gain: 5 pounds

Food cravings: Mostly fruit and sweets still.

Food aversions: Haven't been very into meat lately. If I'm cooking dinner and smell raw meat it makes me feel like throwing up.

Stretch marks: Still none. Been using my cocoa butter after every shower, we'll see if I'm able to avoid them!

Symptoms: My lower back has been very achey, and it's frustrating feeling like it just needs to crack but I can't twist enough to pop it. I've been seeing a chiropractor once a week which helps, but most days it's pretty uncomfortable. I've also been so broken out and can't seem to get rid of these zits. I bought this pregnancy safe acne wash since I can't use regular acne wash, it hasn't really helped too much yet, but on the bright side it smells amazing. 

Looking forward to: SO much! Now that we've seen our baby on ultrasound, know that she is a girl, and she even has a name, it feels so much more real. It's making both Joe and I so excited to prepare for her arrival and dream of what we think she'll be like. We've been looking at nursery inspiration on Pinterest, trying to decide how we want her room to look. We even cleared out the former guest room and sold everything on Craigslist to get it ready. It's crazy and so cool to walk in that currently empty room and imagine how it will look with a crib, tons of baby clothes, and of course a little baby! Joe has even been looking online for some spacey art prints for in there, so cute!

Random: I can feel her move every day now, pretty much all day long! Joe even felt her a couple days ago. We were watching TV and I had my hand on my belly and felt a soft little kick, so I grabbed his hand and he felt one too. His reaction was so cute! He goes, "I felt it I felt it! Move some more, baby!" It's such an amazing feeling when she wiggles around it there, I love it so much. Something else we're doing is putting together a playlist for her. A friend of ours told us that when she was pregnant, she made her baby a playlist that she'd listen to whenever she was in the car, and once the baby was born, she would put that mix on and it would calm the baby down and even put her to sleep. So cool! So we're working on putting together a little mix of songs we think Violet would like (I'll share it here once it's done!) Also, I bought my first maternity clothes! I only bought a couple pairs of jeans, since my regular jeans were getting uncomfortable, and wow, what a difference! I practically sighed in relief when I tried these on (they're called "Mama Super Skinny Jeans" from H&M), so comfortable! I was so excited to find some that look similar to my normal jeans once that super high waistband is covered. I love them and hope I can wear them throughout this pregnancy! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, girl! You're so tiny! Good for you. I, too, couldn't stand the smell of meat in the beginning. I couldn't go near chicken for weeks. Also, peanut butter grossed me out to nausea and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches are my jam! Man, from that photo it's hard to believe there's a baby in there! -Misty

    ReplyDelete