Social Icons

April Favorites

Saturday, April 30, 2016

A few things I discovered and loved this month...

I caved and bought the Kylie Lip Kit. Yes, I sat at my computer for about 10 minutes before they were supposed to be restocked, then when 11:59 hit, I reloaded the page about 100 times before they became available. I then added two "Koko Ks" to my cart (one for me and one for my sister) and was lucky enough to actually get them. They sold out within a minute. Now, I don't think they're as amazing as selling out in 60 seconds, but they're pretty good! Each kit includes a liquid lipstick and matching lip liner. The liner is super soft, and the lipstick is gorgeous. I love the color I got, and it has a really nice matte-not-flat finish. I really like it, but probably not enough to buy one again if they stay this popular.

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I've been searching for a good tinted moisturizer for a while, so when Bare Minerals, one of my favorite cosmetic brand, came out with this, I had to have it. I love it! It's perfect for my every day when I don't want full makeup but would like a bit of coverage with my moisturizer. Plus it's SPF 30, so it's everything I need in one!

I received this Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder sample from Sephora and was really excited to try it. I love this brand and love the idea of any kind of dry shampoo. It absorbs extra oil, and adds volume and texture. This has become a must in my hair routine and I'll definitely be buying the full size when I run out.

Joe has been trying to talk me into getting an Apple Watch since they came out. He got one and loved it, but I just didn't see a need for one. They seemed pointless and overpriced to me. But a few weeks ago they were on super sale at Best Buy and I finally let Joe get me one. And I am actually enjoying it. I really like the athletic tracking part of it, and it's nice to be able to glimpse at alerts I get without having to pull out my phone. I still think they cost too much for what they are, but I've been having fun with it.

Canon 40mm Pancake Lens. I actually bought this a couple years ago and completely forgot I had it. I pulled it out recently because I really want to restore my photography knowledge. I've gotten way to comfortable using auto mode and my iPhone lately so I'm trying to practice using my camera on manual more often. I forgot how much I love this lens. I actually prefer using prime lenses, and this one is perfect for taking photos of Violet.

I'm literally 12 years late to this, but I just discovered Desperate Housewives while searching for a new show to fall into on Hulu. I remember my mom always watching this and thinking it looked so stupid, but maybe I like it since I'm a mom now! I'm kind of obsessed with it now and watch it whenever I get an extra 42 minutes.

Have you tried any of these things before? What have you discovered and loved recently?

1 comment:

  1. I keep thinking about Desperate Housewives, went through all of it a few years ago. So. Dang. Good.

    ReplyDelete