Social Icons

Twenty-Three

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I turned 23 today, and maybe it's because I'm a mother now, but I really do feel older. In the past, my birthday was a big deal. I wanted the day to be full of celebration and cake and tons birthday-ey type things. Then inevedibly would end up disappointed if it didn't meet my crazy expectations. (I even spent my last birthday crying all day because I had horrendous morning sickness and got into a fight with my sister.) But this year, I didn't give it a second thought, it was just my birthday, no big deal. For the first time, I really didn't feel like it had to be completely perfect, and I think that's why it actually was.

I woke up like usual thinking Joe was at the gym, but I came into the kitchen to find that he made me my favorite breakfast of an egg sandwich on a bagel with mimosas. He had even gone to get me my Diet Dr Pepper. I was so happy. The rest of the day was just as wonderful. I took Violet on our regular walk around the neighborhood, we met Joe for pizza at Bill's for lunch, and spent a little while walking around downtown enjoying the beautiful weather. We finished the day with a simple dinner, a huge pizookie, and watched Girls after Violet went to bed. It was my idea of a completely perfect birthday, and the best start to my new year.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!