Social Icons

Ten of My Current Wardrobe Staples

Thursday, April 21, 2016


Ever since becoming a mom, I've noticed that when it comes to dressing myself, I prefer simple and easy. Instead of always wearing dresses like I used to, I prefer jeans and loose tees now (which are also much easier to nurse in!) I also recently followed the trend of decluttering and only keeping a few, classic clothing items, which felt amazing. So these are the main 10 items I always reach for just on an everyday basis. 

1. I love a simple, classic black leather jacket. I always have this with me when I'm not sure how the weather is going to be, so I can throw it over just about anything if it starts to get chilly.

2. I'm obsessed with this green Topshop jacket. I wear it so often. It's light, loose, and perfect for spring. I also love the army green color.

3. I saw this top at Urban Outfitters and decided to get one in each color! It has the ease of a plain tee shirt, but the little ruffle adds something extra. Looks so cute with a minimalist necklace and jeans, and makes me feel a little better about wearing tee shirts every day!

4. But on days when I do want to wear an extremely plain white tee, this Madewell one is the best. It's so soft and flowy, and the perfect length for me.

5. I'm so in love with my Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag. I want to do another post just about this bag, but it's seriously amazing and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a new diaper bag.

6. I just got this Gucci cross body bag for my birthday last week. I really wanted to find a classic, good quality small bag to add to my collection, since I only owned inexpensive smaller bags. I thought this one would be perfect. It's so simple and timeless, and the tassle makes it so cute. It's perfect for days when I don't want to carry my huge diaper bag, and has plenty of room for a couple diapers and wipes!

7. I have a hard time finding jeans that I really love. I have unfortunately short legs, and have to cuff almost all of my jeans, which I like sometimes but love that I found a pair that fits me perfectly. I discovered these Rag and Bone jeans while just shopping around one day, and made the mistake of trying them on before checking the price tag. I probably wouldn't have even tried them, since I was looking for something more in the $100 range, but I loved these so much I couldn't resist. It's been worth it so far, I wear them so often and they're amazing quality.

8. I think something that can make a simple jeans and tee shirt look a little "cooler" is by making the jeans high waisted. I love these from Urban because they're super high waisted. I feel like it instantly adds style to almost any plain top. I used to hate how huge my butt looked in jeans like these, but now I like it :)

9. I found these Free People boots on major sale while browsing one day. There was one pair left, and they were my size. I had to snatch them up! They're so versatile and could work year-round.

10. Finally, my holy grail shoes. I'm obsessed with my Tory Burch flip flops. I throw them on with everything, so easy and comfy without looking sloppy or careless. I'm on my second pair of these and will probably need a third pair soon, they're my absolute favorites.

Chances are, I'm wearing at least one of these things on any given day, they're my go-to, favorite, want to stock up on wardrobe items. Do you have anything like this in your wardrobe?

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed with beautiful childrens and a handsome husband. Your website is very neat and clean just like you and your family. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete