Social Icons

Confessions of a Blogger

Thursday, November 14, 2013


Emorie from Oh Whimsical Me tagged me to do the Confessions of a Blogger post, so here it is. 
I tag anyone who would like to post one, too :)

1. When did you first start blogging and why?

I actually had a blog before this one that I started when I was probably seventeen. I never knew what to post about and kind of abandoned it. Then earlier this year I decided to give it another go and start fresh with this blog. I really wanted to be committed to this one and take it seriously. I always really enjoyed reading other blogs, especially A Beautiful MessSometimes Sweet, and Skunk Boy, so they're a lot of what inspired me to start blogging.

2. Have you had any past online presence?

Yes. I've had a Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and all of those types of websites forever. I really like having them but definitely prefer this space where I have so much more freedom.

3. When did you become serious about your blog?

Right when I started. I didn't want to just start another blog I was going to neglect. I knew I just wanted to keep up with it even if it meant constantly posting random photos of my day (which is what I do now.) I would love to become a more "professional" blogger eventually, once I learn more about it all. 

4. What was your first blog post?

I think it was a photo of my thigh tattoo. I had a hard time thinking of actual words to say and started just posting a lot of photos. 

5. What have been your biggest challenges blogging?

I sometimes have trouble thinking of things to post about. I worry if I go too long without posting I will lose peoples' interest. But on the other hand I don't want to post every day just for the sake of posting. So I'm trying to find a good balance there. Another thing that's been challenging is thinking of a "great" idea randomly like in the middle of the night or when I'm driving, then when I sit down to blog I completely forget what I wanted to say. 

6. What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?

So many things! I've met a lot of really cool people I wouldn't have otherwise. There are such sweet, caring ladies on this site that were so helpful to me when I was first figuring things out. I also love having this space to myself that I can write anything I want. Like an online diary I can share with people. 

7. What is the most discouraging thing about blogging?

Sometimes I get discouraged by seeing other blogs with such creative content, amazing photos, or a ton of followers. I feel like I will never be that good, and why would people want to read my blog if there are such better ones out there. But everyone has to start somewhere. And you can't expect to be the best right away. There will always be at least a few people who can relate and are interested in your content. I just have to remind myself that I do this because I enjoy it, not to be perfect or popular.

8. What is your lasting inspiration or motivation?

I always love posting photos of random days, trips, or new outfits I get. Joe and I always have a ton of fun running around with the camera and I always love sharing the photos.

9. What is your blogging dirty little secret?

I guess it would be to never limit myself to one specific type of blog. It doesn't fit under the category of fashion, cooking, art, or crafting, but those things will all make appearances. I just want to keep my options open and feel free to blog about whatever comes to mind.

10. What is your current goal as a blogger?

My goal is to always keep fresh ideas and content on the blog. I would really hate to be a blog that gets boring or repetitive. I think that's what turns a lot of people off of certain things. I just want to make sure I never run out of things to post about and can keep peoples' attention.

11. Have you learned or become passionate about anything through blogging that caught you by surprise?

I learned a lot about using photoshop, codes for websites, and designing things for Blogger. I know it is pretty self explanatory and easy for some people, but it took me a while to get the hang of it. Now I feel like I know it pretty well, which is great! I also became passionate about having pen pals, especially from other countries. I came across a blog a while ago and the girl mentioned she had pen pals, so then I posted saying that I wanted a few, too. I now have a bunch and get a lot of emails from people requesting to be pen pals. It's awesome! I am now obsessed with buying pretty stationery, and learning all about other people from handwritten letters.



3 comments:

  1. Your answer to number 7 was so true to me when I first started blogging. It was so easy to get discouraged by the big blogs that put out so much perfect content everyday. I had to remind myself to put it all into perspective. Their success came after years of doing what I was doing and many of them now had whole teams working for them helping them produce all that content. I'm glad I'm now happy with where I am at, but I still fantasize about making it big as a blogger.

    Thanks for answering! It is fun to learn more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, and I've been reading it for a bit! So I'm gonna follow now, and I'm gonna do this tag! xx
    http://www.shewrotetoday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Number 5. That's me all day... thanks for sharing.

    --

    www.bradleycowan.com

    ReplyDelete