Social Icons

Fun with Hair Chalk

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A couple of months ago, while shopping around in Free People, I came across this little tin of hair chalk and grabbed it, thinking it would be fun to bring on our honeymoon. I love the idea of being able to have a funky hairdo for one day without any commitment! Well, doofus me completely forgot I had it until I came across it again last night, oops! So I gave it a try this morning and thought I'd share how I did it and my results!

A few things to know before you get started; the darker your hair is, the less the colors will show up. I knew this before buying it but thought I'd give it a try anyways. So it will show up best on blonds, but can still look cute on my fellow dark-haired ladies. The second thing, it will be messy. it will get all over your hands, the sink, and probably your shirt/chest, so I recommend laying down a towel to avoid it getting everywhere. But no worries if it does, it is just chalk, so it will come out (of hair, too) with just soap and water. 

Here's what you'll need:
  • Hair chalk, regular pastels from a craft store work too!
  • Water
  • A hair brush
  • A hair dryer
  • A towel you don't really care about




To start, wet the section of your hair you want to color, then wet the piece of chalk you want to use, the wetter the better! Then, run the chalk over your hair going downward. Best to do this a little more than you think is necessary because some will come off in your brush. Once you've got a good amount on there, blow-dry the section of hair downward while brushing it, until dry, then add a spritz of hairspray to hold it all in. Viola! Pretty, colorful, funky hair, easy-peasy! 











Have you ever tried hair chalking? What techniques worked best for you? 

I hope you have a fab rest of your Tuesday! Xoxo 


1 comment:

  1. I've never tried it because I have dark hair and I thought it will be totally invisible! But yours is pretty bright, looks great!

    ReplyDelete