Social Icons

The Bridesmaids Book Review

Thursday, July 31, 2014



The Bridesmaids by Eimear Lynch was given to me by Birchbox for being one of their BirchBloggers. I was excited to receive it because it isn't a book a would normally pick up and choose for myself, and I think sometimes it's good to have something chosen for  you, to broaden your horizons and experience something you might not have otherwise.

This book is absolutely perfect if you're looking for something that won't make you think too much, which I think is good for everyone once in a while, reading for pure entertainment. It isn't a typical book with one story that begins at the front cover and ends at the back cover. It's a compilation of almost eighty different, true stories, all from people who have had an experience with being a bridesmaid. Some are hilarious, some are sweet, and some are sad and heartbreaking, but all very interesting and fun to read. Especially being someone who has been a bridesmaid twice, and has had six at her own wedding, I really enjoyed reading the sometimes crazy truth of other peoples' experiences.

I would recommend this book for anyone who wants a break from serious reading projects and would just like a silly, easy-read. This is one of those books that is really fun to read because after each short story ends, you can't wait to see what the next one is like, and imagine these real-life scenarios as if they were to happen to you. This book will make you giggle out loud and want to tell your friends some of these crazy stories that have actually happened.

Have you read this book? What did you think of it? Be sure to let me know in the comments!

To become a BirchBlogger, click here.
To subscribe to monthly BirchBoxes, click here.

4 comments:

  1. I love the color, and I've been trying to get back into reading again! I'm so busy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not have Bridesmaids in Germany (at least not that I know of) but I always loved the thought so much, it seems like a lot of fun! So while I would normally not pick a book like this, I'm intrigued because it might give me more insight on what a bridesmaid is and does :D

    <3 Lisa
    The Appleberry

    ReplyDelete