Social Icons

July 2014 BirchBox: Power Up

Tuesday, July 15, 2014




I was excited to see this month's BirchBox in the mail because they packaged it in a very different box than any I've gotten before. The theme of July's box is "Power Up," which they teamed up with Women's Health magazine to do. It even came with a free one year subscription to the magazine, so that was a fun little extra. BirchBox has definitely started to redeem itself for me. After only the second box, I started to consider switching over to a different box subscription. But the third and fourth box have been so much better and have made me really love it.

The first thing I saw in my box was an adorably bright pink tube with the words Whish Shave Cream written on it. Shaving cream isn't really something I've ever thought about experimenting with, I always just buy the same one every time, so it'll be cool to see what else is out there and if I've been missing out. I got the acai grapefruit flavor and it smells really good!

The next thing I noticed is a Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel. I don't think I've ever tried anything like this. It directs you to apply a thin layer to your skin, let sit for 30 seconds, massage it into skin, then wash it off. Then it supposedly reveals a new layer of luminous, younger looking skin. That incises me for sure, so I'm excited to give this one a try!

This next one is something I'm happy I get to try since I struggle with puffiness and darkness under my eyes. It's the Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream. I've tried so many different products in an attempt to get rid of my dark circles, and nothing seems to work, so I'm really hoping this thing is the one. The reviews on the site all claim very positive results, so that's a good sign! Fingers crossed I've found the one, or it's found me!

The next item is the Revealed 2 Palette Set, a small trial size of four shades of eye shadows. I'm honestly not huge on eye makeup, I prefer to keep my eyes more simple, but I also enjoy playing around with stuff like this. Plus it's good to have more makeup options for nights out.

The final thing I received in July's box is a couple packets of 100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel. This stuff is 100% natural and 100% vegetarian, which is cool, and it claims to be invigorating enough to wake you up in the morning, we'll see about that, haha! It is chock full of really nourishing things for your skin, including green tea and sea weed. I really like the idea of this wash and am excited to give it a try.

That's all for this month! Like I said, BirchBox is really starting to prove itself to me, I'm loving it! It's so much fun getting to try out all these new products I never would've discovered otherwise. Get your very own BirchBox subscription here, I highly recommend it :)



4 comments:

  1. You talked me and my boyfriend into getting separate boxes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let me know what the guy one is like I'm really curious!

      Delete
  2. I totally will! :) he's excited because he thinks he's going to get silk boxer briefs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! The male birchbox! It was a bit lackluster for him due to the camping theme but he is going to give it another whirl. He got some shaving items, boxers, a mens mask and some aftershave that smells wicked amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete