Social Icons

Why Friday the 13th is My Lucky Day

Friday, December 13, 2013

(source)

Well, I guess I shouldn't say "lucky" as I personally don't really believe in luck, but it's a favorite and happy day for me for a number of reasons.

I was born on the thirteenth of April, automatically making that number a favorite of mine since childhood. It's kind of an easy answer for kids when asked their favorite number to respond with the day they were born. So I always answered "13."

Since being little, I always jumped to that number whenever needed; from my basketball jersey number to the pick a number between one and one hundred game. And I always found that it worked out well for me. I'm not saying I won every basket ball game or always picked the right number, but it worked out in my favor enough for me to call it "lucky."

I remember my fourteenth birthday being on a Friday the 13th, and thinking that was the coolest shit ever. Every one calling that day unlucky and telling me to be cautious on my birthday for some reason made me feel rebellious, as if I had any say on when my birthday was. I even remember really wanting to get a Friday the 13th tattoo when I was older to honor that special day (I still haven't.)

So on top of those random reasons, the most important one happened only a few months ago when  Joe and I were trying to decide on a date for our wedding. We were stuck between a Friday in June and a Friday in September (Fridays cost less than Saturdays.) We ended up picking June because who doesn't want a warm spring wedding?! We began to look at the options within that month and when I saw the thirteenth landed on a Friday, I knew it had to happen. So that's our wedding day; Friday, the Thirteenth of June. Which happens to be exactly six months from today, eeep!

When I tell people that day a lot responded with things like, "Aren't you worried it'll be unlucky," or "Why would you pick a creepy day on purpose?" But for me it was kind of like fate, for me its a happy day. Always being attracted to 13 and the perfect date happening to be one, I of course will take it!!

Have a happy Friday the 13th!

Ps. Don't forget to enter my giveaway, only a couple days left!

5 comments:

  1. See, not everyone has something bad to day about Friday the 13th! I'm personally not a superstitious person, so the day didn't both me as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! And unique to you- perfect for a wedding day :) I'm not superstitious at all, but on Friday I had to get my wisdom teeth pulled so I was saying it was an unlucky day. It wasn't too bad at all though, so I have officially changed my mind. There's nothing unlucky about Friday the 13th! Happy 6 months before you say "I do"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love friday the 13th! And fyi, I think it is a pretty good day for a wedding, my grandparents got married on friday the 13 and they were married for over 50 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so sweet! Thanks for sharing that with me, I love it! :)

      Delete
  4. You should get a Friday the thirteenth tattoo, it'd be cool cause it has special meaning for you!

    ReplyDelete