Social Icons

Decking the Halls

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Friday night Joe and I finally decorated our house for Christmas. I say finally because I've been wanting to for almost a month now, but he insisted we wait until after Thanksgiving to make it more special. I'm so happy they're finally up! There is nothing quite like the feeling of a house full of cheerful decor, and the smell of pine (from a candle, our tree is fake ;) 

That night was so wonderful! We found the classic Grinch story on vinyl and had to grab it. We listened to it while putting up our tiny tree and little ornaments. It gave me the warmest, most excited feeling inside! The feeling of Christmas drawing near really is like no other, and if you celebrate holidays too, I'm sure you know the feeling. 

Most of the things we used I got at Target, a lot from the dollar section! I was so psyched for all the good finds this year! We even found a few Christmas cards we received last year and are displaying them for now until we get a few of this year's, so send us yours! 

I'm so thrilled December is finally here, and absolutely cannot wait for all the amazing things it brings!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower - found you via Emorie at Oh Whimsical Me. I have to say, I am struggling to wait to decorate for the holidays. My boyfriend and I are moving December 8th, so we have to wait until we get settled in our new place. I enjoyed looking through your pictures though; they make me even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. LOVE your cozy Christmassy home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking out your beautiful blog today! This post put me in a fantastic mood. I just love the beautiful pictures of your unique Christmas decor pieces. And that dog of yours...I'm seriously in love.

    ReplyDelete