Social Icons

Journal Day #4 via Sometimes Sweet.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

If you had unlimited resources, what political or social issue, or area of scientific or medical exploration would you fund? Do you have a cause that is near and dear to your heart that you'd put your time, energy, and money into if you had the means? Tell us about it, along with a bit of background explaining where you're coming from.






This one took some serious thinking for me because there are so many political issues I feel passionate about, and so many organizations that need help; eating disorders, homeless people, cancer, hunger, I don't think I could pick just one. If I did have unlimited resources and a ton of money, there would be quite a few causes I would fund.

The first thing that came to mind is children's hospitals. Kids who are born with some type of disease, or develop one when they're still young. It makes me feel so sad to see photos of little kids who's lives are sitting in hospital beds all day. I can't imagine how hard that must be for them. Being a child should be about playing and being carefree, and no kid deserves a life like that. I know this is reality and there will always be sick kids no matter what, but if I could, I would donate tons of money toward research to help cure some of the sicknesses.

Another cause I feel strongly about is equal marriage rights. I know this is a huge controversy right now, but I just can't wrap my mind around why it would ever be illegal, and why so many people are fighting to keep it illegal. Every human being on this earth deserves the same rights. Period. And if I had the power, I would do anything I could to continue making this issue go away.

If you know me, you know I absolutely love animals. So much. They are such amazing, selfless, loving creatures. And it breaks my heart knowing how many of them are homeless, starving, or being abused. There are a lot of animal shelters out there working hard to bring this problem down, but it's an issue that needs a lot of work. There just are not enough loving homes for pets as there are (domestic) animals in this world, yet there are still people out there breeding their animals to make money. I will always adopt animals instead of buy them, and I will always encourage people I know to do the same.

The last cause I thought of is sex slavery. Or any kind of slavery for that matter. Even here in America, there is a shocking amount of sex slavery happening. It seems so crazy knowing there are girls my age out there, in what's supposed to be a safe country, being forced into things like that. Luckily, this is an issue a lot of people are working to take care of, and there are even a lot of ways we can help. 

At times, it seems like it requires unlimited resources and funds to help these problems, but there are small things anyone can do to help any of these causes. Simply look online and see what is available for you to help out. If everyone out there did a small gesture, it would make a huge difference. And if there is something you feel passionate about, you should do all in your power to try to make a difference. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!