Social Icons

August 2014 BirchBox: Lighten Up

Wednesday, August 13, 2014


Man, BirchBox just keeps getting better and better! I'm so glad I decided to keep my subscription after not being that impressed with the first two, because since then they've really been awesome, and they're something I really look forward to getting every month. If you haven't gotten your hands on a subscription yet, I highly recommend you do!

Okay, on to this month's box. The theme of this box is "lighten up" and is going to be filled with lightweight products to get you through the last hot days of summer, love that!

The first thing I saw in my box was a full sized Nior Long Wear Eyeliner, full sized! That alone is worth $15 (a whole Birchbox is only $10 a month!) so that was super exciting! Black eyeliner is something I actually wear every day, with or without eye shadow, so getting a new one is always a good thing. I'm always down to try out new eyeliners. I usually wear liquid, but the crayon kind like this one is so much easier to apply, plus this one is waterproof and long-lasting, so it seems like the best of both worlds!

The next thing in this box I couldn't help but notice was the very bright and colorful mini can of Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo. Dry shampoos are a favorite beauty product of mine, and a super necessity for me. I'm excited to give this one a try because I've never heard of this brand before and it has amazing reviews! Plus it smells amazing, very light and fresh! This is also the perfect little size to toss in my purse in case I need to freshen up my hair during the day. Very happy about this sample!

The third thing I saw was the Naobay Natural and Organic Body Radiance Lotion. Body lotion isn't the most exciting thing ever, but definitely important. Especially for me, I have pretty dry skin. And anything with the word "radiance" in the product name stands out to me, who doesn't want to look radiant?! Plus it's natural and organic, always a good thing!

Next, I received a couple small pouches of Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream. This is the first time I received something in my BirchBox that I already own! But I'm totally okay with it; Benefit is one of my favorite makeup brands, and I love this eye cream! I get pretty dark circles under my eyes, and this stuff really helps liven your face up and fade that darkness. Eye cream is something I always need to use because I never want to look too tired, even if I am, and this products has proved to work very well! I'm actually almost out of my full sized tub, so these samples will tide me over once I run out and before I can get some more!

And the final product I received in my box is Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm. I've actually never tried a BB Cream before, I just never felt the desire to, but now that I have one right in front of me I might as well give it a shot! Apparently it evens skin tone, reduces pores, and is SPF 30, which all sounds great to me! Who knows, maybe I've been missing out on this whole BB Cream thing, we'll see!

What an amazing box, probably my favorite so far! Do I say that every month?? Hehe.


Get your own BirchBox subscription here.
See my past BirchBoxes here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!