Social Icons

Current Beauty Favorites

Monday, August 4, 2014



Blush is something I always love to try new colors of and different brands, but this one has made me stop wanting to look any further. I came across it while shopping in Nordstrom and just thought it was so beautiful looking. And I'm so glad I grabbed it. It's the absolute perfect soft, peachy shade and gives such a natural-looking flush. I usually don't even like powder blushes that much because they can leave a thick, powdery finish, but this one has a slight shimmer and gives a dewey, healthy glow. I really recommend MACs Mineralize blush to anyone who wants the convince of a powder but the appearance of a cream.


2. It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in plus Keratin

I received a full size sample of this product from Ulta a few months ago, and like I do with most samples I receive, I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. The only reason I tried it was because doofus me accidentally bought two shampoos from the store instead of a shampoo and a conditioner, so I had nothing to condition my hair in the shower and needed something to make my hair look smooth. I decided I would give this stuff a shot, and good thing I did, it's amazing. Even without using a rinse out conditioner, my hair looked and felt so much softer than usual. It even blow-dried smoother and curled better. This stuff really is a "miracle" and I'm so happy I was given a bottle for free or I never would've thought to try it!

3. Benefit They're Real Mascara

This stuff is the best mascara I've ever tried, hands down, and I've tried a good amount! I had heard really good things about it for a while, so I decided to give the $10 sample size a try (which I talked about a little in this post), just incase it was no good I didn't want to spend over $20. But it really amazed me. A few coats and it really looks like you're wearing false lashes. I really love the look of long, thick lashes (who doesn't?!) and this mascara really delivers. I even like to save it for more "special occasions" because I almost feel like it's a waste to use it every single day if I'm not going to be doing much. My favorite every day alternative is Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara. It's the little bit toned down (and cheaper) version of They're Real.

Setting spray isn't something I've even thought about using until recently, and it's quickly become an essential part of my every day makeup routine. I naturally have pretty dry skin, and a couple mists of this stuff over my makeup not only gives me a healthy, dewey glow, but it really makes my makeup last all day! Before, my makeup would start to dry up and even flake off of my face, but this really adds moisture and makes skin look nice while locking in makeup. It's also really nice to carry in your purse if you're going to be outside in the heat to spray on your face for a refreshing cool-off. Just make sure you've let your mascara dry before spraying it on or it will get everywhere!


I'll be honest with you, I don't love washing my hair every day. Or every other day. It's long, and thick, and takes so long to dry and style. It's just a pain in the ass. So dry shampoo is kind of my best friend. It's so nice to go three days without washing your hair and it not show. A spritz of this stuff on your roots will absorb any oil, dirt, and smells, and makes your hair look fresh and voluminous. I've tried a few different dry shampoos and I'm really loving this one right now. Not only does it work really well, but it comes in a dark brown color for brunettes, because it's embarrassing to catch your reflection in a store window and see white powder all over your roots (not that that's ever happened to me...) It also smells awesome and is super inexpensive, I recommend this stuff so much!


So those are my most current cosmetic loves! Have you ever tried any of these? What are your top beauty products right now?

I hope you have a happy Monday!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!