Social Icons

Be Crafty and New Tattoos

Sunday, September 7, 2014



This weekend has been filled with so many things that I love; new tattoos, crafts, hanging out with my mom, and of course, tons of time with my wonderful husband.

Friday at 4pm was the time of my tattoo appointment I've had for a couple months now. I was nervous but super excited for this one, it's the start to my sleeve, and what will end up being the main piece. If you can't tell from that photo, it's a hot air balloon carrying a heart locket. No special meaning necessarily, just thought it would be a beautiful and positive piece of art to wear. So far only the outlines and some shading has been done, and in a few weeks I'll have it colored. I absolutely love how it turned out and I cannot wait for it to be full of beautiful colors.

Then on Saturday, Joe and I (with a swollen, red arm) drove down to Phoenix for the Be Crafty Workshop. I was so happy to be able to go this year since I missed the last one. The whole place was set up so beautifully, and it was so neat to be able to meet so many women with similar interests as me (none of my friends IRL are into crafty-type things like this.) There were drinks and cupcakes and really cool crafts to create. Not to mention an amazing box of goodies we got to take home, full of stationery, prints, and fun, handmade things from people who sell on Etsy. I really loved being able to talk with people who also blog, and even met a couple ladies I've been following on Instagram for a while, which was really cool! I'm so happy I was able to make this one, it was a really great experience!

After the workshop (and after visiting a couple comic book stores) we headed out to my mom's house. She lives pretty far from us, about two and a half hours away, so we don't see her as much as we used to. But whenever we do, we always have a wonderful time. It was really fun getting dinner, and just catching up and laughing a ton. She showed us her new pool and we promised to be back soon to go for a swim, which I can't wait to do! We got home about 1 in the morning and just passed out from our busy and amazing day.

So now it's Sunday, and Joe and I are so tired and satisfied from our weekend, it was a good one! We're spending today just at home relaxing, which means him playing video games and reading comics, and me catching up on blogs and pen-pal letters. Weekends like this one are my absolute favorite and they leave me ready to take on another week! I hope you all had a great weekend as well!

Here are some photos I took at the Be Crafty Workshop (except the group photo was taken by a photographer)

5 comments:

  1. Oh!! I would love to go to something like this! We should get together sometime and get crafty. I love making things and diy projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things crafty! I wish I could attend something like this, I'd love every bit of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I would have loved to be a part of this! Thank you, I am going to keep an out for when they come closer to my area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really adore that faux deer taxidermy against the gold crafts! gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete