Social Icons

Musical Favors

Monday, September 15, 2014

Music is something that's very important to Joe and I. It was one of the first things we really connected over when we first started dating, and something we continue to bond over, whether it be going to shows together or singing our hearts out together while driving home late at night. So when it came to wedding planning, we wanted to make sure music played a big part. After choosing the song we wanted to have playing during our first dance (Crazier by Taylor Swift, the song playing in the background when we shared our first kiss) and the songs that would play during the reception, we wanted to take it a bit further.

For me, and probably a lot of people, music is something that really brings back memories and can really take me back to a certain place and time. When trying to think of a fun wedding favor, we first thought about doing sunglasses, since it'd be so hot and sunny out, but decided we'd want something that meant a little more. What could be a good souvenir of the day, something that brought back memories. And then it made sense, wedding soundtracks. We would put together a playlist of songs that meant something to us, and that we knew would always take us, and hopefully other people, back to that wonderful day.

Together, we thought of the perfect songs we wanted to share with everyone, then Joe took the time to put then in an order that he thought would transition well. We found these amazing CD sleeves and knew they would be perfect, along with the adorable CDs that resemble records. I spent about four days burning all 125 discs individually. When the product was all done, we couldn't be happier with the results. We were (and still are) so excited to be giving our guests this little gift that we put time and thought into. And even though I know these songs mean so much more to us than anyone we gave this playlist to, I was so happy to be able to share this part of us to the people that we love.

I'm so happy we ended up with this as a wedding favor, it's one of the many, many souvenirs from that day that I'll treasure forever. I keep a copy of it in my car and when I listen to it, it does when I was really hoping it would do for me, completely take me back to the wonderful feelings I had on June 13. 


10 comments:

  1. I love this idea and want to do it when our day comes. I feel the same way about music and memories. I even made an Alma and Allen's infinite playlist, haha. Thank you for sharing, these are all great songs. I'm even going to give a listen to two that I don't know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should :) I love having playlists of certain events! Which two did you not know?

      Delete
    2. Stolen and Dark Blue. They fit perfectly and the lyrics are lovely.

      Delete
  2. Brianna told me about how cute your favors were, but getting to see them now, they are ADORABLE and that playlist is spot on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I wish I had thought of something this awesome - after our wedding, everyone asked for our soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea and all such amazing songs! Stolen reminds me of when my boyfriend and I started dating, we listened to it constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with these... bookmarking that etsy shop for when I get marred ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are so cute, Cam! I enjoyed this CD. Which reminds me...I have something to mail to you. Only a million months late. <3

    ReplyDelete