Social Icons

Homemade Pumpkin Body Scrub

Tuesday, September 16, 2014


To kick off the start of one of everyone's favorite seasons, I did some experimenting with ingredients to make a homemade Fall scrub. There are a lot of really simple scrubs to make with Summer scents (lemon, sugar, and olive oil) but I had never tried a Fall scented one.

I played around a little bit and decided that this simple mixture might work. I tried my recipe out to make sure it did what it was supposed to, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Not only does it smell amazing, but it leaves skin feeling so soft and smooth. 

The benefits of this scrub is:
Exfoliation: The sugar and coffee grounds remove dead skin cells and leave skin softer and brighter, and the caffeine in the coffee reduces inflammation and redness.
Moisturizer: The coconut oil has a ton of skin benefiting ingredients including anti-aging properties, natural moisturizers, proteins that promote healthy blood flow, and it reduces the appearance of pores and acne.
Vitamins: Pumpkin puree is full of tons of skin loving ingredients including Vitamin A and C, and is also easily absorbed into the skin. 

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
1/3 cup of sugar
2 tbsp coffee grounds
1/4 cup coconut oil

Directions:
Just mix together the pumpkin, sugar, and coffee grounds. Then add in the coconut oil. Massage it all over legs, arms, or anywhere on your body, let it sit for a couple minutes, then just rinse away. Put leftovers in the refrigerator, it should last for 3-4 days, it makes plenty to share!
Do you have any homemade beauty remedies you love?

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am definitely trying this ASAP, it seems so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna def. try to make this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! Definitely going to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a lot of body scrubs, especially since I have dry skin. I made an orange dreamsicle scented one and peppermint and gave them out last year as Christmas gifts. I'm definitely going to have to make a pumpkin scrub now. It's so much cheaper than buying them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I even have all of these things in my kitchen right now, so I most definitely will be making a batch of this up! Thank you for sharing this! Also, I LOVE your new blog layout, I was a reader of Sincerely, Cam xx

    Lauren / And Together We

    ReplyDelete