Social Icons

September 2014 BirchBox: Fresh Paint

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

With the last few BirchBoxes I've received being awesome, it makes sense to get a just okay one once in a while, that was this month's, okay. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad box or anything, it's always fun to try new things you probably wouldn't have picked up on your own, but this box just wasn't all that exciting to me.

The first thing I saw was a pretty good sized tub of Davines OI Conditioner. I love getting big samples like this one, plus this one came with the brand's shampoo and oil to try along with it. I'm always open to trying new shampoo and conditioner, it's just not the most exciting thing in the world. But this stuff seems pretty nice so I'll give it a try!

The next thing I saw was another good sized sample of Avene Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser. Definitely boring looking, kind of like a hotel wash, but sometimes the best products are! It smells super fresh and clean, which is nice. I'm just a little unsure about it because it's meant for oily skin types, which I don't have at all, and reviews from people with dry skin say their face was left feeling too tight and dry. Probably not the best option for me. My profile on BirchBox says I have dry skin, so I'm not sure why they sent me this one. I'll see if Joe wants to try this one, it'll work better on his skin.

Next I noticed a cute little dropper of Temptu Highlighter in Champagne Shimmer. Highlighter is a makeup products I really like, and enjoy trying new kinds of. I've never tried one with such pigmented color, usually I go for white/pearly ones, so maybe I'll try this as a blush or something. Honestly would have never chosen this color, but I might as well give it a shot!

This next product was the one in this box I'm most excited about, Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. I have actually been wanting to try a serum for a while, and I've heard really good things about this brand, so this was a good sample for me. I kind of hope I don't love it though, the full size is kind of pricey!

And the final thing I got in my box is the thing I hate to get in my boxes, tiny little perfume samples. Perfume isn't something I ever wear, it just gives me headaches, so I'm always a little disappointed to see that I got one. I never even keep these in my little sample bag where I put other samples I plan on trying eventually, I just throw them out, so it's a waste. This particular perfume though, called Juliette Has a Gun Anyway does smell good, clean and classic. 

So yeah, not my favorite BirchBox ever, but the really good boxes I've received in the past make it okay. The occasional dud isn't a big deal, I'm sure next month will be better! 
Get your own BirchBox subscription here.
See my past BirchBoxes here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!