Social Icons

mini Fall Haul

Thursday, September 11, 2014


Haul videos are one of my favorite things on YouTube to watch to pass time. And although I'll probably never be able to get myself to talk in front of a video camera, I decided I wanted to do a haul post, no talking needed!

As I've mentioned a million times before, Fall is my favorite season, and it makes me want to go out and do so much shopping and buy everything fall-related. But unfortunately that's not really realistic for most people, including me, so I'm going to go at it a little at a time. All of these clothes I bought are from Forever 21, and I got a bunch of my classic fall favorites; collars, plaid, and chunky-knit sweaters. By the way, this sweater (mentioned here) is completely wonderful. For starters, it was twenty-dollars, but it doesn't look or feel that way. To me, it appears to be much higher quality. I went ahead and got this blue I normally wouldn't pick, to try something new, but I'm sure now I want to go back and get a couple more colors, it's just too perfect!
Another thing I grabbed was this special edition Mac Simpsons blush in the color Sideshow You. I love when Mac comes out with these collections and I love grabbing pieces when they come out. I remember getting makeup from the Barbie, Hello Kitty, and Disney Villains collections. They're just so fun to have, plus this color is just so pretty!
I also finally decided to give the BareSkin Foundation a try, and so far I really like it. It has a really nice finish and goes on so smoothly, I also really like the little brush that goes with it. I bought it in their lightest shade (as usual) called Bare Porcelain, and it seems to match my skin tone pretty well, which is rare for me! My only complaint about this makeup so far is that it doesn't last very long, it starts to fade after a few hours. So I think trying it with a primer or setting spray would be a good idea.
I also decided to give a plum lipstick a try. I mentioned wanting to try this one, which I think is so beautiful, but I wanted to start out with a much cheaper one to decide if I like how it looks on me. I bought this Revlon one in the shade Plum Velour (it looks much more purple than red in person) and I actually like it! I've always felt awkward in bold lipsticks, but want to start venturing out into it more. I think this one will work really well with Fall clothes.
So that's it for now! I'm excited to pair some of these things with tights and boots when it's cool enough, but for now I'm still stuck with sleeveless dresses and sandals!

Ps. I just posted some things to Poshmark, and I'm having a little buy one/ get one free sale, go take a look! Also, if you haven't signed up for the app yet, use the code HUCPG for a $5 credit!

4 comments:

  1. I wanna go shopping for the fall! I love the lip color. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is that shirt from in the last picture it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hauls, especially for fall because it's my favorite season as well! I actually just ordered the mustard-colored dress, I'm so excited for it it's super cute! I also recently started using the bareMinerals foundation. I use it with a primer and a setting spray and they help it stay put pretty well. How do you like the brush? I thought about buying it along with the foundation but I figured I had enough brushes already, haha. The lipstick looks really great on you! It has a nice finish and it goes with your look really well, I love it! You can definitely pull off a bold lip!

    ReplyDelete