Social Icons

Currently

Wednesday, February 12, 2014


Feeling: Really motivated! I've been getting up and going to the gym to work out every single day for a while now. And for me that's pretty impressive! I've never been the athletic type and always hated the idea of spending an hour at a gym when there is so much I'd rather be doing. But something inside of me has made it a little easier recently. I'm able to get up, even if I'm tired, put on my Nikes and drive myself to the gym. And for me thats usually the hardest part. Once I'm able to get myself there I work on some machines for a half an hour then jog for the other half. It's not much, but it's a lot for me, and I feel so much better physically and emotionally after a good work out. I really hope this motivation stays because I've never had it before and feel proud of myself for accomplishing what I have so far. I am even thinking of investing in a FitBit Wristband to keep better track of everything I'm doing. Does anyone use one or anything like it? What do you think of it?

Looking forward to: Valentines Day! It's the cheesiest day of the year, and I love it! I love that there's a day dedicated to celebrating the people you love in your life. Last year Joe and I didn't plan V-Day out too well and ended up taking In-N-Out home and watching movies (it was still a lot of fun!) This year we wanted to do it "right" and plan a special date night. We have a couple's massage scheduled in the afternoon then he's taking me out to dinner that night! I'm so excited! And even though we said we'd only do that and no gifts, he still brought home a perfume I've had my eye on for a while now. He's seriously the sweetest, and I can't wait to celebrate how much we love each other on Friday (sorry if that made you gag a little!)

Annoyed with: Hate to add on a negative one but I am SO annoyed with growing out my bangs. I usually always have them just in front and keep up with cutting them. But I decided for the wedding I want my bangs long enough to be pulled to the side, and so far it's been a bitch! They're the most awkward choppy length right now and keep falling in front of my eye. It's really not cute. I'm hoping they start to grow a little more gracefully so I don't have one eye covered in all my wedding photos! I guess if worst comes to worst I'll just cut them how I usually do right before.

Watching: Ok don't laugh, but Joe and I just got into Pretty Little Liars. I know we're like four years behind and not 16 year old girls, but we were out of shows to watch and it was suggested on Netflix, so we gave it a try. After watching the first episode we gave each other a kind of "eh" look, but decided to watch another, then another, and now we're hooked. The mystery of the show is a lot of fun to try to keep up with and it always keeps you wondering what will happen next. We're about halfway through the second season and enjoying it so far, but I keep wondering in my head how this same story can keep going for that much longer and if it'll still be good after a while longer. I guess we'll find out!

Also looking forward to: My bridal shower! It's planned for the end of March and I'm so excited! It's definitely going to be small since I don't have a ton of girl friends and most of Joe's family lives out of state, but I think it'll be nice to just have a small get together with family. As fun as bridal showers are, I really don't want to have to open gifts in front of people. I've always hated having all the attention on me, it makes me feel so awkward and I usually end up saying something stupid or embarrassing myself. It's a small thing, but I'm already nervous for that!

PS. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

Currently posts inspired by Danielle at Sometimes Sweet.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome job at the gym! I have a Jawbone Up Band (similar to the fitbit), I am on my 2nd replacement and it has broken again - I would not recommend them! I heard good things about the Fitbit - I may have to invest in one of those and cut my losses with Jawbone!

    Holly
    sunshineandgrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know about the jawbone! Joe has been wanting one, I'll have to let him know they're no good, thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I had to take a break with Pretty Little Liars but now I'm back in it. I have two episodes to catch up on and was getting soooo annoyed with my internet connection last night because it kept dropping and I couldn't get through an episode. Normally I would just give up after the second try and start reading but Pretty Little Liars got me hooooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these when you post them. :) I'm also so happy you'll be doing the prompts- it's awesome you've actually DONE a real Journal Day. You're like the OG of Journal Days. haha. Sending you a huge hug...I hope everything is going well with wedding planning! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats with your progress at the gym! I've recently started going in as well - something about February second winds? I'm feeling so much better (if a little sore)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cam,

    My mom got me a Fitbit for Valentine's Day last year and I love it. The battery died so I haven't used it in awhile. I just have the simple one that didn't cost more than $70. It's nice because it will sync with your computer and there is even a app for it! I highly recommend getting a Fitbit!

    xoxo,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete