Social Icons

My Can't-Live-Without Apps

Monday, February 17, 2014

Anyone who knows me knows how obsessed I am with my phone, sad but true! So I thought it would be fitting to share a few of my most favorite apps with you! Keep in mind, I'm a total Apple girl, and these apps are on my iPhone, so I'm not sure which ones are available on different phones!
My number one favorite app on my phone has to be Instagram. It's by far the app I use the most and have used the longest, about three years now, and have stayed consistent on. A ton of social apps have come and gone but Instagram has definitely remained the best, at least in my opinion. I love being able to keep my favorite photos in this place to share with people, as well and see others' photos. I've even met a couple friends through this app! It's almost become an addiction for me as I post a photo or two almost every day, and check my feed probably a hundred times a day! If you don't have an account yet, I highly recommend starting one, but you probably already do as practically everyone in the world does!

AfterLight is definitely one of my go-to photo editing apps on my phone. Not only is it really easy to use, it comes with a lot of different choices to use to edit photos, as well as fun filters. This app is perfect if you want to add a cool, vintage affect to your photo. Or you can just brighten it up or add white borders to it for Instagram. Plus I just love the look of this app, so clean and pretty!

VSCOcam is another great photo editing app I love. Like AfterLight, it covers all your basic editing needs, as well as some cool filters. I like to use this one for a little less noticeable filters and edits. This app honestly took me a little while to get the hang of, it's a little confusing at first, but once I did it became really easy and now I use it all the time. I think there is also a social portion to this app, but I personally only use the editing. 

When the A Beautiful Mess blog announced that they were making an app, I knew I would HAVE to have it! This app is so cute and so much fun to play with! You just upload a photo and you can add filters, borders, little doodles, text, phrases, the possibilities are endless! I love going to this app to decorate photos and have fun messing around with all the different choices. It also works perfectly for making buttons for your blog if you aren't that familiar with Photoshop!

The 8mm app is used for taking videos on your phone and giving them an old, film-like affect. I used this app for this video and this one, and it is SO much fun! It really does give regular videos such a cool look and feel. It's even a ton of fun to use. You feel like you're using a real old video camera. You can choose from tons of different looks like 70s, XPro, even a black and white 1920s. You can even upload videos you've already taken and turn them into a 8mm video! Definitely get this app if you love taking videos and want to have fun changing them up.

If you're in the process of planning a wedding like I am, The Knot app is a must! If you're familiar with the website, you know how thorough and helpful it is, and the app is all of that for your phone! I've been using it since we first starting planning, and it's really come in handy. Is has a checklist, budgeter, and photos you can save for inspiration. It even has a list of vendors in your area along with ratings, which is how we found our venue! Super necessary for easy(er) wedding planning!

Sorry if this one is kind of boring but I just had to include it! This thing makes banking 10000x easier! I use it to check my balance whenever I need to (Is used to call the number on the back of the card which took forever and was annoying) look at my statements, transfer money around in my own accounts or to other people, even deposit checks just by taking a picture of it. And it's super secure too. When you download it you have to confirm it's you through your bank website, automatically logs out after a few minutes of not using it, and you can only log on to it on devises you've confirmed. I've never had any problems with this app and I use it a ton! Also, if you don't use this bank, I'm sure most banks have apps that are similar.

Finally, the Printicular app. This app is perfect if you want hard copies of your Instagram photos, or any photos on your phone for that matter! I have a collection of my favorite IG photos I have displayed in the house, and I've used this app to print all of them! It's only $.39 for a 4x4 photo, and you can choose to have them printed at Walgreens, which usually takes about an hour, or have them shipped to your house! Super inexpensive and convenient. I love having real copies of my IG photos and this app and perfect for being able to do that!

So there you have it, all of (ok, some of) the apps I always use and love. Do you also use any of these? What are some of your favorites? Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. i definitely love the afterlight app. i will mainly use it for cropping images and adding "light" to photos.
    i bought a beautiful mess app because i love the authors of that blog, but honestly wasn't too impressed. i'll use their fonts and squiggles from that app occasionally but it often ends up overcrowding the image. if there was a way to add them to bigger photos (like on a computer) THEN it would be super fun. but for a tiny IG pic...it looks kinda crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the Beautiful Mess app. You definitely have to use it really sparingly or it gets super crowded and messy. Using one word or doodle is enough for sure!

    ReplyDelete